Thanks to 2k’s new technology, this year’s edition of ‘NBA 2K21’ revamps its shooting mechanism to a whole new level, but how to make shooting easier? Make more baskets, win more games to be a better shooter with these 10 simple tips.
1. Hot Zones matter a great deal for all shooting methods in NBA 2K21. Even when aiming or timing is off, shooting from the blue areas of the court can still get your player an easy bucket. It may help to go into 2KU with some of your team’s top athletes just to see where their Hot Zones are.
2. You don’t necessarily have to use the right stick to shoot. It’s still possible to shoot with square (PS4) or X (Xbox). This changes the shot meter into something that may feel a little more familiar. To get the advantage of a boost, turn off the shot meter.
3. You can also go into control options and disable shot aiming altogether. This makes your Pro Stick function a bit closer to its NBA 2K20 state. Some timing and specific shots will still feel a bit different, but this is about as close as it gets to actually reverting the changes.
4. If you really want to make NBA 2K feel closer to arcade street ball, you can also disable shot timing in favor of a player’s real-time percentage. This is the simplest shooting method and should only be used by those who truly hate sim basketball.
5. If you’re in MyCareer, upgrading your baller’s shooting Badges will also make them shoot better regardless of their stats.
6. A lot of players will often force shots when they’re behind, but this can often make things worse, especially when you’re playing against the best NBA 2K21 players. Instead, try to look for opportunities where your players can utilize their individual skills to outplay your opponent. There’s often no point giving the ball to someone who has poor accuracy or is prone to messing up easy shots, so learn what each individual excels at and use their kit to your advantage. Once you have a good understanding of your team’s strengths and weaknesses, you’ll know which players synergize well with one another and who to prioritize giving the ball to.
7. Before you jump into MyCareer’s matches, you’ll be treated to the usual customization options that allow you to create your very own NBA player. This is incredibly important and will have a huge impact on the way your character performs in-game. You prioritize the stats you want before hitting the court. Having a character that excels at mid-range shots, three-point shots, free throws, and post-fades will not only increase your chances of winning, it will also give your team the opportunities they need to gain an edge against trickier opponents. Be sure to also pump attribute points into your character’s dunking skills as this will give you some potent finishers that you can use when opting for a more aggressive approach. Lastly, your height should sit around the 6’5″ mark to ensure you maintain a decent speed, strength, acceleration, and vertical stats without compromising your ability to break through the game’s taller defenders.
8. One of the quickest and easiest methods to get better at shooting is to simply head out into the game’s training mode. This useful feature allows you to practice all the different shooting types and nail the perfect shot, making it a great place to try out different shots before diving into competitive games.
9. There are plenty of feedback tools to use in 2K21 that’ll make you a better shooter. While you’re learning the basics of shooting and getting your timing down, there is a shot feedback tool that will pop up at the top of the screen to let you know how good your shot was and what the rating was for the shot. Pay attention to this as it pops up right after you release your shot and can give you valuable information in terms of what you did wrong or right on the shot.
10. There’s more to shooting in NBA 2K21 than just pressing a button at the right time. Some variables come into play in a live game like being guarded, for example, that can throw off even the best shooters. Players also have hot zones where they are better shooters. Knowing these as well as taking good shots and using the correct timing and aiming is the only way to get better at shooting in NBA 2K21.
That’s all you need to know about the ten tips of shooting in NBA 2K21. Also, visit here for more NBA 2K21 guides, updates, and tips. Or you can buy 2k21 mt here and enjoy fast, quality service, or even cheap prices.